We went to the dentist on Wednesday morning, which seemed fine: no problems detected. I got home too late from High Wycombe to go to the Woolmer Forest Hisorical Society meeting on Wednesday evening. On Saturday I was supposed to be going to "Bless the Parish Bounds" with the mayor and other people from the Historical Society but we were in Petersfield. I was doing the weekly shop and Maria was getting her hair done. We knew it would be tight, but with Maria unable to do any bending or lifting it took longer than I planned to unload the car. I got to the rendezvous at 13:15 but they had already left (the start time was 13:00 for a 13:15 departure). So instead we sat in the garden, we watched the cats playing/fighting and we read. I fell asleep and nearly got sun-burned too.
Woman gets promoted, and her 34-year-old sister immediately assumes she’s
‘inheriting’ the job despite having no training for it: ‘Yesterday she
updated her LinkedIn to say she's starting at my company. She has not
applied’
-
I wish careers were inherited; it would make things so much easier
No training, no education, only good old heritage. I'm not even joking; it
would be easi...
20 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment