Thursday 15 January 2009

Fratton and Milton


I went down to Fratton today for an interview. I accidentally bought a train ticket to Havant though! Luckilly I realised before the ticket inspector arrived, so I was able to "upgrade" to go a bit further.
The picture is of the gateway to the platform bridge (the back entrance to the station).
I walked from Fratton into Milton which took about 30 minutes. For those of you who know the area, this took me past the end of the road where Portsmouth's home ground "Fratton Park" is located.
Milton park was full of Border Terriers. I saw 3 of them. Mind you there are loads of dogs around in Milton. I walked past one house that had a small yard between the sitting room patio doors and the road; total area about 3 sq feet. In this yard was a metal spoon, a brush, a couple of plastic bags and about 3 ton of dog mess. I guess they let their dog out into the yard to do what it has to do and then sweep it up or use the spoon to put it in bags. Either that or their neighbours hate them. You'd think they'd get rid of the bagged mess, or at least bag it more frequently, or walk the dog in the park nearby and use the bins provided there to get rid of the poop.
I also saw a wierd old man in Milton - admittedly in the grounds of St James' mental hospital. He was in the middle of a field of grass (a bit like a football pitch) with a shopping bag on wheels. He was kneeling on what looked like a newspaper clipping the grass with a pair of shears. He then scooped the cut grass into a plastic bag, put the bag, shears and newspaper into the shopping bag and wheeled it about 10 feet and then got the items out of the bag and repeated the exercise.
Bought a new outside light at the B&Q in Fratton on the way back - so I'll fit that over the weekend or next week.

No comments: