Tuesday 6 January 2009

January

I haven't posted anything for a couple of weeks now....just been too busy. 
Let me see.

30 Dec we went down to Lyme Regis to meet up with my Mother, brother and his family and my sister. My sister left in the evening and my brother and his family left after dinner but we stayed the night with my mother. 

31 Dec we came home via Sainsbury's in Farlington and a quick visit to the Indian restaurant for a takeaway meal. We then spent a couple of hours getting the food ready for tomorrow. Our neighbours Mark and Sharon came round for drinks at about 10 pm. The lads up the street set off fireworks at midnight, so we all went outside to watch both their display and the ones around us.

1 Jan we had Maria's parents, sister, niece and sister's boyfriend to visit for lunch and tea. We served them Chili con Carne.

2 Jan we spent at home

3 Jan Caroline and Tom went to football again

4 Jan we took the kids to the airport using two cars. The queues were terrible to get into the car parks, we got separated of course and Maria and Caroline went in via "Arrivals" rather than "Departures". The kids made the flight though. Then we dropped off the hire car and drove home. On the way we hit a spot of black ice on the roundabout where the A331 meets the M3. The car span round 180 degrees but didn't hit anything! I rang the council to report it, they said they already knew about it but it was too cold for them to grit the road!

5 Jan Maria went back to work and I had to "sign on". I spoke to my other sister about Mum's birthday present. We decided on a photo frame. I have also been organising the accommodation for the guests.

6 Jan Some pictures arrived for scanning from Ann. The frame should arrive by the end of the week. Found a B&B but Maria is worried about the fact that it is home to 10 cats!

No comments: