Monday 26 January 2009

Second Interview and Monster

I've been offered a second Interview in Milton/Fratton next week... details to follow.
Monster have managed to get themselves hacked AGAIN. Idiots!
I went onto their website and tried to change my password. I followed their instructions for complex passwords, using a mixture of letters, numbers and characters (but not "&") but I kept getting an error message saying the password was too short. This happened even with a 17 character password, but I was using one with 8 to start with. I tried not using Chrome but swapped to Internet Explorer but had the same issue. Then I tried my existing password but with an extra "2" on the end. That worked. A bit more testing established that you can use any letter or number combination, but not special characters at all. If you do, you get told your password is too short. 
I wonder what is the point of being on their site anyway. I get tons of spam since the last time they got hacked in 2007. They obviously have cruddy security and are useless at testing or writing error messages. 
I emailed everyone in the Alton group about the issue. Hopefully the press will have a real go at Monster. They are sponsoring "American Idol" season 8 at the moment too, so their CEO must be really pissed off with the IT team - unless it's held that "all publicity is good publicity".

No comments: