Wednesday 19 November 2008

Digger

The local council have finally started doing something about the drainage (surface water run-off) in our street.

It floods every time it rains...see picture taken from upstairs at our house :)

This morning a big yellow jcb digger (Nizlopi reference anyone?) turns up and started digging a hole. Good job the neigbours have taken down their trampoline!


I had a word with the driver. I offered to take out the end fence panel to make it easier for him, but he said it wouldn't help as there is a concrete weather board under it.

They are putting in a new pipe under the fence to link our drain to the one 50 yards away in the next street. Then they are putting in a new over-flow to take the extra into the culvert down by the play park (about 200 yards further down). He said they were going to put in a new soak away, but after under 2 metres they hit sand so they gave up on that idea.
I was a bit worried about damage to the fence - loosening the posts, and to the tree - as they have taken out half the roots but we'll have to wait and see what its like afterwards.
I've been painting the cloakroom today as well - I took out the cover for the pipes under the sink, so I've got some more "making good" to do as well now.
I've got a meeting later with the Police about Neighbourhood Watch, down at the police station.

No comments: